The steps you take in the morning can set you up for a successful day. The morning is the hardest time of the day for me, particularly due to my fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia sufferers typically wake up in the morning feeling unrefreshed, like they didn’t sleep all night. It takes an act of Congress to get out of my bed. Now I rely on sheer willpower and force myself to get out of bed.
Here is a glimpse into my new morning routine:
- I do my Bible devotions in bed.
- I force myself to get out of bed :).
- I get cleaned up and dress in my workout clothes.
- I eat two eggs worth of egg whites. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but the one meal that I miss the most 😦 . I am trying to be better about that.
- Drink lots of water.
- I do a few chores.
- I ride my bicycle in the neighborhood for about 15 minutes to acclimate myself to riding again.
- I take my boyfriend to work.
- I drive to the Nature Park and walk 2 1/4 miles.
- I pick up lunch such as a salad or chicken sandwich.
Starting the day off spending time reading the Bible, eating healthier, taking care of my family and exercising helps me start my day off write.
What do you do in the morning that starts your day off right?
-The Dramatic Ginger